The implausible thing about purchasing a home in Mexico, especially the Riviera Maya is the hot weather that comes with it. You are surrounded by sun over 300 days of the year, and of course with the sun, comes the heat and humidity. As we all know the humidity can be hard on the places here in Mexico, and there are certain maintenance responsibilities that need to be kept up with. Continue reading
For those of you who are unfamiliar with what Sargasso is, it is basically seaweed that has washed ashore. The seaweed is caused by climate change and different wind patterns. The warmer the water, the more the seaweed spreads around the Caribbean. Continue reading
The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival is celebrated by both locals and visitors alike, who gather in Mamitas Beach in late November every year since 2003 to enjoy great jazz players like George Benson, Tower of Power, Sergio Mendez, Spyro Gira, Herbie Hancock, Celso Pina, Earth, Wind, and Fire and many more. The event marks the beginning of the high season in Playa del Carmen, producing a spike in business for three days.
The coming one is special. On its 15th anniversary, the festival will open with a tribute to former producer Fernando Toussaint, who past away on February 25th of this year. As he had proposed, this anniversary will bring together many stars from former editions along with the new participants.
If you decide to go, just follow 28th St. to the beach and follow the music! If you really like it, you should get there early to save a place, and maybe bring some blankets, beach chairs, snacks and drinks too, since alcohol is tolerated. But remember this is a free event lasting 4 to 5 hours, and it will get crowded (the average attendance is well above 10,000 people each night). After that, only the early birds will remain seated. Of course, if you’re absolutely into it, you could try to get into the much less crowded VIP area.
- Señor Vitalis Plays Aguamala Groove and Funk band featuring Bernardo Ron on guitar, Luis Ernesto Lopez on bass, and Zoar Miranda on drums.
- A special tribute to Fernando Toussaint led by Cecilia Toussaint and special guests.
- Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas, a Latin Grammy Award-winning musical duo from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Mexican-Cuban singer and songwriter Steffie Beltt,
- Co-headlining guitar legends John McLaughlin & Jimmy Herring “The Meeting of the Spirits” with the 4th Dimension Band and special surprise guests.
- Memo Ruíz Bolero Jazz Big Band.
- American jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney.
- Grammy Award-winning piano and banjo duo Chick Corea & Béla Fleck.
- American jazz vocalist and ten-time Grammy Award winner Bobby McFerrin.
The festival continues to grow bigger every year, so why not watch it next year from the balcony of your new downtown Playa del Carmen condo?
High return on investment due to the concept and location.
• 4-level split – $213,000. Great Price for this area
5th Avenue, Playa del Carmen – First Boutique Luxury Hotel Condo by this successful developer that we love !
With the hotel as a magnet and 5-star restaurant, which will serve the residential units will be ideal for living and so exclusive that people seek this specific for vacation rentals in this development (has lock-off feature) in 2 bedroom Condos for Sale .
This gorgeous complex will include:
– Spectacular caribbean ocean views
– Iconic building with Indian-Mexican design influences
– 32 residences and 24 hotel rooms
– The complex will have two Restaurants and two pools
– 2 Lobbys
– Underground parking
– High ROI I
Best boutique luxury residential in Playa del Carmen. Enjoy, live in and relax.
Boutique design concept residences and hotel rooms, combining a mix of residences and hotel amid an amazing atmosphere, totally lush and warm tropical feel.
The predominant colours will be white and gray, with splashes of color, polished concrete materials, wood (natural or ceramics), parts baked ceramic, glass, aluminum louvers (metal or prefabricated ) makes interiors a unique concept. Texturized ambiances.
Highly stylized interior design.
More information to follow as developers are releasing this gorgeous complex in the coming weeks. Get yourself on the reservations list. Already 70% SOLD !!
5,000 USD to reserve your very on condo.
2 bedroom 2. 5 bath condo for sale in playa del carmen for sale in Las Terrazas.
Las Terrazas in Playa del Carmen is awarded the development of the year in 2016. It is a unique design where each condo has large private terraces, all hidden in the trees of 38th ave.
• 1,100 sq. ft. single story – $505,000. Award-Winning Development
Shangrila, Playa del Carmen –
Only a stone’s throw to the beach, you can wake up and stroll down the treeline street on 38th and begin swimming in less that 2 minutes.
True to its name, this condo for sale in Playa del Carmen has one of the largest terraces in the building, which opens with sliding glass doors and adds 600 sq ft. to the condo size. Condo interior is 1100 sq ft.
The condo is sold unfurnished, with granite counter tops in the kitchen, all appliances included.
Each bedroom has its own walk in bathroom with large walk in closets
Honed marble in the bathroom countertops.
Las Terrazas has an amazingly large roof top pool, with ocean view and space for lounging and entertaining.
Building is complete with concierge, elevators, underground parking.
Please call for viewing.
An increasing number of people have made it a point to live healthier lifestyles and consume more nutritious food. Often hailing from western countries like Canada, the United States, and Europe, they are eager to find solutions to eat and live in harmony with their environment while simultaneously protecting and promoting it. These people want to continue to live this kind of lifestyle even when traveling or after relocating to a new country like Mexico despite the fact that living and eating healthy often becomes more of a challenge in less developed regions of the world.
Fortunately in the popular holiday destination of Playa del Carmen, that’s home to thousands of expats, you won’t have that kind of problem…only solutions!
Not only does the city offer many outdoor activities to keep you fit and healthy, you’ll also find state of the art gym facilities and yoga centers that combine fitness and spirituality! Playa del Carmen is a walking city where you can get wherever you need to go either by foot or bicycle. It’s easy to stay healthy and pollution-free in this little bit of paradise.
Playa del Carmen also has many vendors that sell organic, local, homemade, vegetarian, vegan and even gluten-free food. And in recent years, the number of these healthy options has only increased.
Visiting Playa del Carmen anytime soon? Be sure to check out our top choice of stores, markets, restaurants, bakeries and juice bars in the area:
- Coco Beach Eco Market: A very small market with10 vendors selling food, handmade jewelry and bags, organic soaps, and upcycled art. It’s located in Condo Les Alixes, Calle 46 & Flamingos (Centro). Just follow the «market» signs. Open on Fridays from 9:00am – 11:00am.
- KavaKasa: Situated right in the center of Playa Del Carmen, you’ll always find something going on in KavaKasa- whether it’s yoga classes or the weekly farmers market selling locally made breads and sweets (including vegan), healthy snacks, salsas and more. Located on 22nd Street between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue. Open on Tuesdays 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Ecotianguis y Desayuno: This beautiful outdoor community center is located a little further out if you’re living or staying in Centro but it’s well worth the visit. On market day, the beautiful garden fills with vendors selling everything from handmade spoons from locally reclaimed wood to organic, cruelty-free soaps, handcrafts, food, and more. Located in Jardin de Todas Centro Comunitario, Avenida 80 & Calle 3 Sur (Ejido). Open on Friday from 9:00am – 12:00am.
- Parque la Ceiba: The grounds of Parque La Ceiba are so beautiful that even if you don´t buy anything from the many vendors there, you’ll enjoy walking through its park. The shaded pathways provides a comfortable environment for browsing the farmer’s market on hot days. Located on the corner of Calle 1 Sur and Avenida 60. Open Saturday from 11:00am to 6:00pm.
- Mayakoba farmer’s market: With 30 to 40 vendors featuring local farmers you’ll find a huge variety of goods, including craft beers, mezcal, organic food, crafts and plants. Located at Mayakoba Resort, north of Playa del Carmen. Open Sunday 11:00am to 3:00pm (every Sunday in April, once a month after April)
- Bio Organics: A new store in Playa with vegan and vegetarian food, you’ll find Bio Organics on 26th Street between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
- Bio-Natural: For the largest organic and health food store in Playa, check out Bio-Natural on 5th Avenue between 40th and 42nd. Selling rice, almond, soy and coconut milk, they also have a small cafe serving up organic and even gluten-free dishes like veggie pita sandwiches, salads, hummus, curry, quinoa, falafel, lentils and smoothies.
- OrganiK Boutique: An organic mercado located in Plaza Paseo Playacar stocking vegan and raw food ingredients as well as gluten-free items.
- Dac Supermarket: Located on 30th Ave. and Constituyentes, Dac Supermarket has been a Playa del Carmen health foodie godsend for years. You can buy food in bulk like grains, fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables, organic produce, spices, fresh cheeses. They even sell gluten-free bread and pasta!
- Pacsadeli: Not necessarily a health food store but a small restaurant supply market that’s open to the public, Pacsadeli has a whole rack of gluten free products for sell. You’ll also find a larger variety of Asian sauces to help make your vegetarian cooking even more savory. Located on Avenue Andres Quintana Roo (Av. 34) between 70th and 75th Avenues.
- Somos del Maiz: Translated from Spanish to mean “we are from corn”, Somos del Maiz is a health food store that sells veggie, organic and ecological food products. They also serve delicious vegan dishes in the back of their store. Located on 46th Street between 5th & 10th Avenue.
- 100% Natural: A restaurant chain found in Playa del Carmen and Cancun, 100% Natural prides itself on their healthy menu featuring delicious, gluten-free dishes. Most Mexican dishes are made with corn and rice which are naturally gluten-free! Enjoy nachos, guacamole, tacos with corn tortillas, rice and beans, pico de gallo, salads and fresh fruit juices.
- Los Aguachiles: Los Aquachiles is THE place if you love seafood. Located well outside the tourist zone on Calle 34 and Ave. 25. Try the fresh tuna in a lettuce wrap for a low cal, gluten-free treat or one of their healthy and fresh ceviches or tostadas!
- Green 373: Chef Rocio Norzagaray’s healthy haven is on 5th Ave between Calles 34 y 38. This sweet little breakfast spot will encourage you to get out of bed early on your vacation.
- The Green Box: The perfect spot to grab a healthy lunch on the go, the Green Box serves fresh fruit juices guaranteed to rejuvenate after a long stroll through town on a hot day. Located on 5th Avenue and 38th Street.
- Kaxapa Factory: Owned and operated by a Venezuelan family who understands the meaning of vegan, the Kaxapa Factory has lots of vegetarian and gluten-free options. Try the traditional Venezuelan corn pancakes. Located on Constituyentes between 10th and 15th.
- La Ceiba de la 30: We bet you‘ll find yourself at La Ceiba de la 30 more than once during your vacation. Located on 30th Ave. norte, between Constituyentes and 20, they serve authentic Mexican cuisine done healthy. Don’t believe it? Check it out for yourself.
- La Senda Vegana: An all natural, vegetarian (and vegan), homemade restaurant, you’ll be delighted with its ever changing, creative menu. Round out the meal with a superfood truffle or cookie. Find it at 10th Avenue between 10th and 10th bis.
- Clorofila restaurant: A vegan and vegetarian restaurant with a vast and creative menu, Clorofila restaurant serves delicious and socially conscious food. An open air dining experience on 30th Avenue and the corner of 20th Street, this restaurant will certainly become one of your favorite places in Playa Del Carmen.
- Salade: Famous for its build-it-yourself salads, Salade is the perfect spot to grab a sandwich or quick lunch. Considered reasonably priced by most, you can check them out at the corner of 15th Avenue and 10th St. (corner of the park in front of the Palacio Municipal (City Hall)).
- Bio Organicos: This vegan/ vegetarian restaurant and health food store is a newcomer on the health scene in Playa. A very affordable and tasty option for breakfast and lunch, their store has a wide variety of organic, vegan and vegetarian products. Located on 26th Street.
- Balche Playa: A true vegetarian restaurant offering about 18 menu options with a small organic store. Located on 10th Street between 10th Avenue and 15th Avenue. Check out their specialty infused drinks.
- El Sangha-Rito: On the north end of downtown, El Sangha-Rito offers a large selection of juices, salads, vegetarian options and healthy menu items. A nice open air restaurant with trees in front, you’ll find it located on Avenue CTM between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
- El Hongo Restaurant: A funky, artsy restaurant right in the outskirts of Playa, this colorfully decorated place offers affordable meat as well as vegetarian meals. As a perk for traveling outside the city you can check out some of the murals on the walls nearby. This restaurant is located on Calle 19 Sur between 80th and 85th Avenues.
- El Jardin Restaurant: Connected to Dac Market, you’ll always find a hubbub of activity at el Jardin Restaurant. A large menu with vegetarian options and the best fresh juices and smoothies around! DAC Market and el Jardin Restaurant are located on 30th Avenue between Constituyentes and 20th St.
- La Jungla de la Riviera: Located outside the city in Colosio neighborhood, this small restaurant offers juices as well as many vegetarian and healthy options. Located on 10th Avenue between 68th Street and 70th Street.
- Frutiyogurth: A healthy restaurant offering smoothies, whole wheat sandwiches, juices and salads. A little more commercial, this restaurant prides itself on healthy eating and drinking. Frutiyogurth is located on the corner of 40th Avenue and 34th Street.
- Las Quekas: A restaurant serving a variety of Mexican quesadillas including vegetarian options (e.g. squash blossom with cheese). Everything made to order. A restaurant chain with multiple locations in Playa, the easiest to find is on 10th Avenue between 10th Street and 12th Street.
- Pangea Roots: A serious juice bar that uses a cold press to make their drinks. They even offer a detox plan with daily juices. They also provide a small menu of vegan and vegetarian food items. This juice bar/cafe is on 34th Street between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
- Campo Real: Another juice bar offering a small selection of food. Customize your fruit and vegetable juice or smoothie with added grains or nuts. Campo Real is on 45th Avenue between 16th Street and 18th Street.
- Jugos y Antojitos “El Huerto”: On the corner of 30th Avenue and 28th Street, this local restaurant makes a wide range of fruit juices and smoothies. A perfect pit stop if you happen to be in this part of town. You’ll want to avoid the food as it can be a little on the greasy side.
- Rollito Dulce: Rollito Dulce makes European sweet rolls with different toppings, all of which are vegan!!! This tiny bakery is located on 2nd Street near 15th Avenue.
- The pitted date vegan bakery and café: The only vegan bakery in Playa Del Carmen, they come up with a number of tasty cakes and tarts for their customers to enjoy. Check them out on 26th Street between 5th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
• 2 bath, 2 bdrm single story condo for sale – $600,000. Premier location
Beachfront, Playa del Carmen – Premier location beachfront condo for sale Playa del Carmen.
Awesome broad ocean views, large spacious luxury American standards condo right in the heart of Playa del Carmen in Riviera Maya.
This beautifully furnished Playa del Carmen condo is a successful income producing property with a long rental history giving you high return on investment. Enjoy for family vacations or as a perfect location to retire in Riviera Maya.
Currently, this is the lowest priced condo in this highly sought after building on the beach in Playa del Carmen
This condo has the best views! Premier location- these resort condos are set between Playa del Carmen’s fabulous beach and animated world famous international sidewalk scene.Within a block find Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian walkway with it’s tempting relaxed cafés and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, hip night clubs, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
You can’t go wrong because this dreamy condo offers:
-large spacious floor plan with views to ocean from kitchen living room and master bedroom
-large bedrooms, built in walk in closets,
-gourmet kitchen with double stainless steel fridge, gourmet counter tops
-tropical hardwood cupboards
-all electrical equipment such as flat screen TV ,
-marble counter tops in bathrooms,
-a beautiful infinity pool looking out over crystal clear Caribbean sea
-prime beach front location
-beach club location,
-close to 5th ave and downtown
-fully furnished and ready to go with rental weeks already booked for you to begin earning money on your Playa del Carmen beachfront condo.
Modern condos for sale in a new complex- Immediate delivery. Starting at $213,500 USD and up
Downtown Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen – Very authentic and bohemian atmosphere which will seduce anyone walking this street, in the daytime going to the beach, walking around and in the evening visiting the best restaurants, bars.
Reputable builder. Great finishes. Perfect location.
• 656 sq. ft., 1 bath, 1 bdrm single story “Modern architecture” – $213,500. Immediate Delivery NEW !!
From 764- 1603 square feet
28 condos (12 bedroom units)
Not many left, almost all sold out !
Very modern architecture with well distributed space in each condo.
This gorgeous complex is located on 38th Street, between 20th and 15th bis avenues close to the Shangri-La area.
38th Street has an authentic Bohemian atmosphere.
● Natural white marble floors
● Italian windows of at least 6 mm.
● Air conditioner mini split in living room and bedrooms
● Kitchens fully equipped including electric grill, with granite countertops
ceramic and oven
● 2 swimming pools: one on the ground floor and another on the rooftop
● Bathrooms in common areas
Security 24 hrs
Kitchen is Fully Furnished
Parking with automatic doors
Photos are for reference only, not actual photos of one bedroom condo for sale.
downtown ocean view, Playa del Carmen – Most attractive high-end property in Playa del Carmen. This one-of-a-kind penthouse for sale boasts beautiful ocean views as well as a spacious terrace for outdoor entertaining, sunbathing and stargazing. In an elegant building off the beach, this complex offers gym facilities with ocean views as well as an impressive pool. Over 43560 square feet of outdoor common spaces.
Located between 1st and the beach, dining, nightlife and shopping abound in the area. Everything is within minutes of walking distance from this turn-key condo for sale.
Elegantly appointed, with fine finishings and exquisitely decorated. Located on the 3rd floor
This home is located on the top floor, providing beautiful views of the magnificent grounds of Magia Playa and the Caribbean Ocean. Professionally decorated and tastefully furnished.
– fully appointed kitchen and dining area
-king size bed in each bedroom
– all bedrooms feature in-suite, private bathrooms
– 3 bedroom 4 bath
– 2 levels
– Beautiful view of Caribbean ocean.
– clean bright minimalistic style.
– another version of penthouse in same complex
Close to Mamitas & Kool Beach clubs as well as Ferry to Cozumel.
2 pools large common areas
HOA per month is approx 475 usd. Includes part of Electricty and water and gas.
This is a perfect investment property showing Earnings 65,000.00 per year +
Call us to see this property !
• 4,333 sq. ft., 4 bath, 3 bdrm duplex – $995,000. Ocean views
Downtown, Playa del Carmen – Excellent pre-sale on this gorgeous complex near Mega.
A perfect opportunity to owning a property in the heart of the Riviera Maya. This complex, in the heart of Playa del Carmen, will consist of 50 condos with modern design and comfort to make you feel at home. A variety of fantastic amenities and a prime location that will put everything within reach for you and your family.
1, 2 and 3 bedroom condo for sale in this gorgeous complex.
Large and spacious. Bright and airy, these are at amazing pre-sale prices.
Amenities will include:
– 4 elevators
– Sky Lounges
– Business center
– 24-hour security
– Underground parking Estacionamiento Subterráneo
– Wheelchair accessibility
– Commercial center
– Storage area
Located in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Only 5 blocks from the beach and 3 from the famous 5th Avenue, this development is a great choice to invest in the Riviera Maya!
• 1,576 sq. ft., 3 bath, 3 bdrm 2 story – $350,000. Pre-Construction Prices