The implausible thing about purchasing a home in Mexico, especially the Riviera Maya is the hot weather that comes with it. You are surrounded by sun over 300 days of the year, and of course with the sun, comes the heat and humidity. As we all know the humidity can be hard on the places here in Mexico, and there are certain maintenance responsibilities that need to be kept up with. Continue reading
Preparing your house or condo to sell only takes a few simple steps. Of course, you can go above and beyond with renovations but the main steps to prepare your house or condo for the market are listed in this article. As many of you are aware of the high inventory of places on the market, homebuyers can pick and choose and be a little pickier with their decision. Buyers want a home in good condition that meets are their criterion; therefore having a place in pristine condition is beneficial. Continue reading
For those of you who are unfamiliar with what Sargasso is, it is basically seaweed that has washed ashore. The seaweed is caused by climate change and different wind patterns. The warmer the water, the more the seaweed spreads around the Caribbean. Continue reading
According to data from the Ministry of Tourism, one in four couples around the World chooses Mexico as their destination for romantic getaways and weddings, with Riviera Maya at the top of the charts.
According to “Riviera Maya News”, 600,000 weddings are performed in Mexico each year, with a whopping 70% of them taking place on the beaches of the Mexican Caribbean.
The beautiful beaches, cosmopolitan cities and colonial towns in the area awaken passion in foreigners and locals alike.
According to the Ministry of Tourism, “Although there are no precise indicators of the increase in the influx of visitors for the concept of romance tourism, some destinations have metrics, including San Miguel de Allende, which reported a growth of 25 percent both in number of visitors and in economics registering 750 weddings in 2017.”
The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival is celebrated by both locals and visitors alike, who gather in Mamitas Beach in late November every year since 2003 to enjoy great jazz players like George Benson, Tower of Power, Sergio Mendez, Spyro Gira, Herbie Hancock, Celso Pina, Earth, Wind, and Fire and many more. The event marks the beginning of the high season in Playa del Carmen, producing a spike in business for three days.
The coming one is special. On its 15th anniversary, the festival will open with a tribute to former producer Fernando Toussaint, who past away on February 25th of this year. As he had proposed, this anniversary will bring together many stars from former editions along with the new participants.
If you decide to go, just follow 28th St. to the beach and follow the music! If you really like it, you should get there early to save a place, and maybe bring some blankets, beach chairs, snacks and drinks too, since alcohol is tolerated. But remember this is a free event lasting 4 to 5 hours, and it will get crowded (the average attendance is well above 10,000 people each night). After that, only the early birds will remain seated. Of course, if you’re absolutely into it, you could try to get into the much less crowded VIP area.
- Señor Vitalis Plays Aguamala Groove and Funk band featuring Bernardo Ron on guitar, Luis Ernesto Lopez on bass, and Zoar Miranda on drums.
- A special tribute to Fernando Toussaint led by Cecilia Toussaint and special guests.
- Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas, a Latin Grammy Award-winning musical duo from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Mexican-Cuban singer and songwriter Steffie Beltt,
- Co-headlining guitar legends John McLaughlin & Jimmy Herring “The Meeting of the Spirits” with the 4th Dimension Band and special surprise guests.
- Memo Ruíz Bolero Jazz Big Band.
- American jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney.
- Grammy Award-winning piano and banjo duo Chick Corea & Béla Fleck.
- American jazz vocalist and ten-time Grammy Award winner Bobby McFerrin.
The festival continues to grow bigger every year, so why not watch it next year from the balcony of your new downtown Playa del Carmen condo?
No trip to the Riviera Maya is complete without a visit to one or more of the idyllic beaches in this tropical paradise. But where to go? Surely most beaches in this popular destination are filled to capacity with resorts, sunbathers, and tourists.
Not so. The Riviera Maya still has a few undiscovered gems that have yet to be claimed by developers. Believe it or not, you can still find uncrowded and unsullied beaches in the Riviera Maya.
Whether it’s seclusion you seek or a rocking beach party, these top 10 beaches are worth checking out during your stay:
- Maroma Beach. Known as one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, Maroma Beach is just 10 minutes north of Playa del Carmen. If you want a luxury resort or hotel vacation where you can enjoy stunning views of the Caribbean, Maroma Beach may just be what you’re looking for. Many of the resorts and hotels on this beach make respecting the natural environment of the area a priority.
- Akumal. Translated to mean, “the land of the turtle”, sea turtles love to lay their eggs in this small Mexican village. Located 60 miles south of Cancun, the clear water and reefs of Akumal beach make for a perfect day of snorkeling and diving.
- Mamitas Beach. If it’s a party you want, look no further than Mamitas Beach. It boasts the best nightlife in the area and hosts a number of concerts including the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival and the BPM Festival. Enjoy great music and company overlooking a stunning beach backdrop.
- WahWah Beach. For the older crowd, check out WahWah Beach Bar. A sort of gringo bar located on the beach, they play a lot of 70’s and 80’s rock.
- Canibal Royal (aka The Reef Coco Beach). A little harder to get to, but worth checking out if you want a gorgeous, less crowded beach in Playa del Carmen. But bring your own amenities- you won’t find too many shops or restaurants nearby. Located around 48th Street.
- Playacar Phase 1. If you’re staying in Playa del Carmen, be sure to check out the beach at the Playacar Phase 1 residential development. You’ll find a wide, expansive and relatively quiet beach with fine white sand.
- Paradiso Beach. Located in the bohemian town of Tulum is one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. On a trip to Tulum’s Mayan ruins, be sure to stop by Paradiso Beach to enjoy its brilliant turquoise water, soft white sand and tranquil waves.
- Xpu-Ha. If it’s solitude you seek, be sure to visit the Xpu-Ha beach in the Riviera Maya. Located just 15 or 20 minutes south of Playa del Carmen, this beach typifies the ultimate remote, tropical paradise. Its calm, shallow waters are perfect for a day spent kayaking, swimming or just lying under the sun.
- Puerto Morelos. Halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, you’ll find the small fishing and residential village of Puerto Morelos. The town’s quiet white sand beaches are set inside an offshore reef, creating calm waves for swimmers and snorkelers to enjoy.
- Punto Bete/ Xcalacoco. Travel just north of Playa del Carmen for yet another isolated beach. Its white sand, swaying palm trees, rustic beachfront housing, and breathtaking views are definitively worth the visit.
5 Penthouses for sale AVAILABLE at VARYING PRICES. STARTING AT $385,000
Uberlarge and spacious. Offering more than 1500 sq. ft. of interior space and an excess of 1100 sq. ft. of private rooftop, this is one of Playa del Carmen`s most expansive and opulent penthouse experiences.
Expansive and opulent penthouse
• 1,545 sq. ft., 3 bath, 2 bdrm 2 story – $385,000. Great Investment
Central, Downtown – Best boutique condos in Playa del Carmen, we love this place!
The loft residence in Playa del Carmen is tastefully and luxuriously decorated in a contemporary style.
The suite is fully equipped with designer kitchen and GE Profile stainless steel appliances including dishwasher, full size side by side refrigerator with freezer, microwave, range, washer and dryer and dual speed hood extractor, ensuring a complete experience.
Laundry room with washer and dryer
Beautiful bathroom with dual rainfall showerhead
Air conditioning and ceiling fans in each room
Large bedroom with king bed and lots of closet space
66 ft lap swimming pool
These condos are highly sought after in a successful development in Playa del Carmen.
We love these, they are magnificently designed, inside and out.
Exclusive living environment with 18 different designs for 28 suites. High grade North American construction with exceptional high end finishings.
Prices starting from US $275,000/ Floor Plans from 1,707 sq. ft.
Features; 1,2, and 3 bedrooms and loft units, Ocean view PH, Premium finishings, Elevator, Hurricane protection, Large terraces, Individual storage units, Underground parking, 4 minutes away from the beach.
Spectacular 20 meter long heated pool with bar and designer furnished pool area.
Private gardens waterfalls.
Roof gardens with private pools.
Splendid 4 storey atrium.
Lobby with reception area.
Full sized handicap elevator.
Fully equipped fitness center.
Individual storage with A/C
Concierge and security 24 hours
High grade North American construction and design.
Open concept, light-filled living area
Pictures of property may vary according to availability.
Great rental pool, investment condo. Sale opportunity!
When buying property in the Riviera Maya, you’ll need to take several considerations into account. One of the most important decisions you’ll want to make is whether to purchase an already existing property or a unit in a pre-construction project. While the risk involved may scare many buyers off, buying pre-construction is worth considering if you want to save a good amount of money.
Below you’ll find some reasons why pre-construction projects make for great investments.
- Pricing: The earlier you buy in the pre-construction project, the higher your gains. The prices for pre-construction are usually lower than those for an existing condo. In the preliminary stages developers are eager to advertise how many units have been sold since it makes for good publicity and attracts more buyers. Because of this, they often start selling units for an even lower rate early on. As an added bonus, the seller might give you a free upgrade to your unit to thank you for your bold move, e.g. a condo with an extra bedroom, a free Jacuzzi…
- Automatic Appreciation: As more units get sold, the discounts become less and less available, eventually disappearing altogether, giving an automatic appreciation to the value of your property. For example, the unit you bought for $200,000 very early on will be worth $250,000 at the end of the project. And this gain doesn’t factor in any subsequent rise in market value. Think of the substantial profit you’ll make if you decide to sell it one day in the future!
- Financing options: One of the big advantages of buying pre-construction is the ability to customize a financing plan. Once you have chosen your condo, you will have to put down a deposit- but the amount won’t need to be as large as a typical mortgage down payment. You will then pay the remainder according to construction progress (no interest is charged on these amounts). You can even transfer over to long-term financing, either through the developer or through a bank. This option will have to be discussed early on in the negotiation, however.
- No renovation costs: Buying early into a development offers more choices and will save you more money. When you purchase a pre-existing property, any changes you make to suit your taste will result in added costs. But not with pre-construction! The color of the walls, the lighting fixtures, the countertop materials won’t cost you one cent more, resulting in direct savings to you!!!
In the Riviera Maya, particularly the Playa del Carmen area, there are so many pre-construction projects that finding one that best suits your needs and budget is easy. Whether you choose a gated Community, villa, condo, development near a commercial center or golf course… you don’t have to compromise. So just pick your project, invest and start making a profit!
LRM’s pick: To help you find the best pre-construction project for you, the Living Riviera Maya’s team has pulled together a short list of remarkable properties.
- ZULIM by GMB: Great prices in an up and coming neighborhood. They offer eco-friendly architecture, from studios to 2 bedrooms units.
- MIRANDA by SIMCA: A solid developer offering great design concepts. You can get beach views and on 38th St., the best area of Playa del Carmen!
- MAREA 34: Downtown living, very close to Playa’s best beaches. One and two bedrooms condos. Reliable developer. Only 22 units!
- HACIENDA ESCONDIDA: Very spacious condos in a gated community. This development will include a park with a freshwater cenote, green spaces, pedestrian areas, benches as well as an area for kids.
- THE GALLERY: A concept art residential project in Playa del Carmen with avant-garde architecture and unique design. Each space will be brought to life by a different national and international artist. Only 4 blocks to the beaches!
Last week the Riviera Maya Film Festival returned for its fifth annual showing in Playa del Carmen. One of the area’s most anticipated yearly events, RMFF brings the people of the Riviera Maya the best in independent cinema, at absolutely no cost to the public.
As if the Riviera Maya didn’t offer enough with its beautiful weather, ocean views and warm people, you can now add world class cultural events to the area’s list of attractions. Along with the Jazz Festival in November, the electronic music festival in January, the RMFF is yet one more activity bringing art and diversity to the Playa del Carmen public. Imagine spending your summer nights viewing the latest international films, out in the open air with your toes buried deep in the Playa del Carmen sand.
With a history of 980 showings to 81,000 spectators, this year the RMFF delivers 59 more films, 43 national premieres and one world premiere, promising something of interest for nearly everyone to enjoy. Some of the films are just works in progress, others are national premieres on the cusp of international acclaim.
This year the festival worked with the Goethe Institute which sponsored the showings of 2 German films: 24 Weeks and Who is Oda Jaune? The RMFF also treated viewers with a screening of the latest Pedro Almodovar film, Julietta. The festival closed with Don Cheadle’s new movie Miles Ahead in which he both acted and directed. The movie chronicles the turbulent life of the groundbreaking musician, Miles Davis. Both Miles Davis’ son and nephew planned to attend the screening.
But the RMFF doesn’t forget to include films made in its own country. Along with international films, included on the roster are 13 films made in Mexico.
Over the past five years the RMFF has grown to distinguish itself as one of the finest cultural events in the Mexico Caribbean. Not only providing quality films that otherwise would not be shown in the community, the festival gives a much needed platform for independent film directors to showcase their work. As Italian director Asia Argento explained, “Independent cinema would die if it weren’t for this type of initiatives.”
While the RMFF ran from June 24-30 in Playa del Carmen, it moved onto Isla Mujeres, Tulum, and Puerto Morelos as of July 2. So if you’re in town, be sure to check out what this premiere cultural event has to offer.
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo – This complex brings a combination of sustainable practices such as the eco-friendly architecture and use of renewable energy.
The building is designed to minimize power consumption .
Green walls and foliage to help maintain cool temperatures on terraces .
Use of natural and local resources for general building materials encouraging regional communities, thus contributing to reducing the carbon footprint during construction.
Solar panels : on the terrace to generate energy for common areas consumption and decrease maintenance fee.
LED lights in common areas
Located in the center of Playa del Carmen, are perfectly located.
Close to famous Fifth Avenue and the most beautiful beaches of the Mexican Caribbean. The complex has a total of 16 studios with 2
rooms averaging 645 square feet (60 m2)
Pool on Rooftop
These new condos for sale are in a Premium location.
Nestled in downtown Playa del Carmen, these peaceful condos are within strolling distance from the Caribbean prístine beaches and Playa’s famous Quinta Avenida.
From 2 bedroom apartments (1 bedroom, 2 bedroom w/ lockout system) to two bedroom studios.
Call us to see these new condos or contact us to see any property along the Riviera Maya. From condos, homes or villas, we can help you find your dream home in the Mexico.
• 645 sq. ft., 1 bath, 1 bdrm single story – $139,000. PreSale Eco Condos