As much as one enjoys going to the beach on vacation, sometimes it’s good to switch it up and experience something different. Maybe on a certain day, you are feeling a little sunburnt? The great news with the Riviera Maya is there is so much to see and do, that it is nearly impossible to experience it all. There are many activities that one can only experience in the Riviera Maya and that is what makes this place so unique. Let’s take a look at the top 10 things to see and do in the Riviera Maya when you want to switch up a beach day:
Growing reports of seaweed-covered beaches are reaching traveler’s ears who are beginning to worry about the quality of their beach vacations in the Caribbean and Central American Countries.
The aforementioned reports have prompted resorts to take extreme measures to control the onslaught of sargassum that can overwhelm beaches in the region. However, the public should not be alarmed for sargassum isn’t something that happens daily. It doesn’t take place every day nor on every beach. Continue reading
What is the value in a turnkey property? When looking for a property, do you want something that can be rented out as soon as possible or would you like to customize it and spend some time before making a profit? Continue reading
We can show you any property that interests you in the Riviera Maya. There is no need to look with many agencies. We will show you any pre-construction new condo project, and any already built properties.
Most important is to find the right property, at the right price for you.
Often we see that resale properties, already built, are overlooked by our investors in favor of a buying pre-construction property.
Many people are pre-sold on the belief that pre-construction is “the best deal” out there.
However, this can often be a misconception. The savvy buyer understands the following:
- There are great deals available on resale properties. Prices often can be lower than a pre-construction property.
- It’s our specialty to know and show you the market.
- Use of escrow when paying for a property means funds are protected.
- No risk of paying a developer directly who might not complete a pre-construction project.
- You know what you are buying, such as the condition, the colors, the appliances, etc.
- With pre-construction properties, what if it does not turn out the way you thought?
- Often resale properties are fully furnished, as added value.
- Buying furniture can be considerably more expensive than anticipated for new construction.
- Resale is ready for immediate personal use.
- There is no waiting period for construction to finish as with pre-construction.
- It has the HOA (homeowners association) established, you will know the cost of maintenance, pool work, yard work before you negotiate on the transaction.
- It has a property tax value established.
- You purchase in an established neighborhood. You know what is around you.
- Streets, lights, neighborhood parks, and restaurants are established.
- Resales offer a shorter timeline to close on the transaction, get the deed from the
notary and you get the keys. NO waiting time for those important items.
- Bring your suitcase and open a cerveza. Turn-key ready.
- You KNOW what you are buying. No mystery involved.
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A RESALE:
- You will have to pay for it all time of purchase upfront, no payment plans.
- You might want to renovate to your liking.
- Hidden cost upgrades? Use Property inspection.
Ready to make an informed decision? Check out our Riviera Maya Re-Sale Listings
Do you like the idea of buying during the preconstruction phase? The fact that you could be saving money, and investing in a great property all at once. Preconstruction has many benefits, especially in the Riviera Maya. Continue reading
Think of booking a vacation or trying to choose a place you want to live- now think of the first factor that comes to mind? Is it the location of the property? Do you decide first which country you want to live in then narrow it down to the city and neighborhood? One slowly learns that being in a location that is convenient for themselves and others is important, especially if they want to rent it out and make money on the property. Also finding a place that is up and coming is a great idea too because you have a head start with finding the best place in the area. You get to choose first! Continue reading
You have picked two of my favorite places to invest in the Riviera Maya. Both are great investment opportunities for different reasons, and being in close proximity to either place, you can’t go wrong with investing in Tulum or Playa del Carmen. This article will show you the advantages of investing in Playa del Carmen and the advantages of investing in Tulum. Continue reading
The implausible thing about purchasing a home in Mexico, especially the Riviera Maya is the hot weather that comes with it. You are surrounded by sun over 300 days of the year, and of course with the sun, comes the heat and humidity. As we all know the humidity can be hard on the places here in Mexico, and there are certain maintenance responsibilities that need to be kept up with. Continue reading
Preparing your house or condo to sell only takes a few simple steps. Of course, you can go above and beyond with renovations but the main steps to prepare your house or condo for the market are listed in this article. As many of you are aware of the high inventory of places on the market, homebuyers can pick and choose and be a little pickier with their decision. Buyers want a home in good condition that meets are their criterion; therefore having a place in pristine condition is beneficial. Continue reading
For those of you who are unfamiliar with what Sargasso is, it is basically seaweed that has washed ashore. The seaweed is caused by climate change and different wind patterns. The warmer the water, the more the seaweed spreads around the Caribbean. Continue reading